Retreats and Worship
Draw Close to Others, Draw Close to God
Our souls yearn for rest and renewal and to be reminded of God’s presence in the world and with us. Hinton Rural Life Center offers space and place for individuals and groups to draw close to God and one another. Beautiful lake and mountain views, walks through the woods, and the sounds of nature inspire and soothe.
To view our lodging options, click HERE
For information and reservations: 828-389-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
60th Anniversary Clergy Renewal Package!
In honor of Hinton’s 60th Anniversary and to encourage their self-care, Hinton is offering clergy an opportunity to retreat and rest with a Renewal Package featuring:
- Lodging discount (2-night minimum stay, 20% midweek/15% weekend discounts on cabins and apartments)
- Gift Shop 15% discount
- 33-acre campus that feels remote but is easily accessible, with WiFI and cell phone service
- Labyrinth, disc golf, trails, porches with rocking chairs, fire pits, swim/boating/fishing dock, kayaks/canoes, scenic views of Lake Chatuge and the Appalachian Mountains
- Need to “do” something to relax? Options include working with clay, helping with firewood or garden ministries
- Discounts at Mountain Harbour Golf Club and Chunky Gal Stables
- Spiritual director available to meet on campus, by appointment
- Resources provided for fishing guide, therapeutic massage, and trail guide
Stay must occur between now and May 28, 2021, and is based on lodging availability. Make reservations now!
Coming November 5-7, 2021 . . .
Life in the Garden: Mindfulness, Grace, & the Power of Presence
Hinton welcomes author, speaker, ordained minister, and gardener Terry Hershey to lead a weekend conference and retreat for those who experience — or want to experience — gardens as restorative, inspiring, and life-giving. According to Hershey, “The garden is a place we can learn about life, faith, and prayer. The conference is a time to celebrate gardens, gardeners, and the role of gardens and gardening in our spiritual journey.” Gardens are sacred places that can offer, for both gardener and visitor, healing for mind, body, and soul.
Through workshops (indoors and outdoors), exploring and installing “sanctuary” gardens, and enjoying personal time for walks, prayer, rocking chairs, and reflection, participants will be invited to embrace epiphanies (willingness to be surprised!), receive permission to live undefended and without fear, and relish the sacred in the ordinary.
Conference registration fee includes program, supplies, and meals. Accommodations will be booked separately, based on lodging preferences and availability. Options include: Lodge rooms, Hermitage cabins, Sells Cottage, McCall House, and Lakeside Retreat House.
REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 15. Information and registration link will be posted here. Spots are limited.
Opportunities for church groups, women’s groups, men’s groups, youth groups or other organizations include:
- Retreat house lodging or accommodations in our Lodge
- Fresh meals prepared by our executive chef, or options to do your own meals
- Meeting spaces and worship spaces (see below)
- AV resources and wifi
- Recreation supplies
- Service projects and/or poverty awareness interactive activities
- Workshops, trail hikes, Bible study [MORE INFORMATION]
Hinton Center can also provide devotional and worship leadership or full retreat design and leadership for your group. Contact us at least three months in advance to discuss your retreat needs and goals.
Hinton Center offers a variety of worship spaces for groups. Please reserve them in advance to ensure they’re available when you need them. They include:
- Dysart Chapel
- Outdoor Chapel
- Lakeside Worship Pavilion