Retreats and Worship
Draw Close to Others, Draw Close to God
Our souls yearn for rest and renewal and to be reminded of God’s presence in the world and with us. Hinton Rural Life Center offers space and place for individuals and groups to draw close to God and one another. Beautiful lake and mountain views, walks through the woods, and the sounds of nature inspire and soothe.
To view our lodging options, click HERE
Retreat and worship facility/campus offerings are below.
For information and reservations: 828-389-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Retreat and Worship Offerings
Follow Your Celtic Call — April 28-30, 2023
Come to Hinton Rural Life Center on lovely Lake Chatuge in the Appalachian Mountains for a springtime Celtic-inspired weekend. Facilitated by Kathy Michaud and Patty Smitherman, the retreat will be based on their book, Following Our Celtic Call. Using timeless Celtic wisdom from Ireland and Scotland, the retreat offers safe space to bring creative seeds to blossom and to deepen the soul’s awareness of the sacred in the world around us. Experience Celtic vespers, singing, bonfires, silence, creative activities, and the celebration of spring renewal. Register by April 14.
REGISTRATION OPTIONS: Lodging will be in Hinton’s Joe Ervin Retreat House, which features private rooms with ensuite bathroom, plus indoor and outdoor gathering spaces. Cost per person for each option:
- $315/person – single occupancy lodging, 5 meals, programming
- $255/person – double occupancy lodging, 5 meals, programming (You share a room with another.)
- $165/person – commuter option: 5 meals and programming
For pdf registration form, click HERE
To register online, click HERE.
Group Retreats at Hinton Rural Life Center
Opportunities for church groups, women’s groups, men’s groups, youth groups or other organizations include:
- Retreat house lodging or accommodations in our Lodge
- Fresh meals prepared by our executive chef, or options to do your own meals
- Meeting spaces and worship spaces (see below)
- AV resources and wifi
- Recreation supplies
- Appalachian culture programs (arrange in advance)
- Service projects and/or poverty awareness activities, led by Hinton staff
- Workshops, trail hikes, yoga, arts & crafts, Bible study — contact Kelli Miller to explore your options.
Hinton Center can also provide devotional and worship leadership for your group. (We have two clergy on staff.) Contact us at least three months in advance to discuss your retreat needs and goals.
Worship and Devotional Spaces and Places
Hinton offers a variety of worship and devotional spaces for individuals and groups. (Groups should reserve them in advance through Kelli Miller to ensure they’re available when needed.) They include:
- Dysart Chapel, next to the Lodge
- Vista Garden outdoor worship area
- Lakeside Worship Pavilion
- Ervin Sanctuary Gardens, including The Swing Garden, Hope Terrace Garden, and Memory Garden