Retreats and Worship
Draw Close to Others, Draw Close to God
Our souls yearn for rest and renewal and to be reminded of God’s presence in the world and with us. Hinton Rural Life Center offers space and place for individuals and groups to draw close to God and one another. Beautiful lake and mountain views, walks through the woods, and the sounds of nature inspire and soothe.
To view our lodging options, click HERE
Retreat and worship facility/campus offerings are below.
For information and reservations: 828-389-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Retreat and Worship Offerings
Theotokos Confirmation Retreats
2024 Weekends: Mar 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, Apr 5-7. and Apr 12-14
Theotokos retreats are for youth participating in United Methodist Confirmation, their leaders (clergy and laity), and other accompanying adults. Although youth as young as 6th graders may participate, the Theotokos retreat will be more meaningful for older youth, recommending that participants be in 7th grade or older. (Older youth who were confirmed during Covid and not able to have a retreat experience are also welcome to participate!) Theotokos retreats are designed to support and complement the Confirmation ministries of local United Methodist congregations, who are the faith communities, “God families,” and key disciple makers of young people.
For more information and to register, visit the Theototokos Confirmation web site at http://www.hintontheotokos.org.
Group Retreats at Hinton Rural Life Center
Opportunities for church groups, women’s groups, men’s groups, youth groups or other organizations include:
- Retreat house lodging or accommodations in our Lodge
- Fresh meals prepared by our executive chef, or options to do your own meals
- Meeting spaces and worship spaces (see below)
- AV resources and wifi
- Recreation supplies
- Appalachian culture programs (arrange in advance)
- Service projects and/or poverty awareness activities, led by Hinton staff
- Workshops, trail hikes, yoga, arts & crafts, Bible study — contact Kelli Miller to explore your options.
Hinton Center can also provide devotional and worship leadership for your group. (We have two clergy on staff.) Contact us at least three months in advance to discuss your retreat needs and goals.
Worship and Devotional Spaces and Places
Hinton offers a variety of worship and devotional spaces for individuals and groups. (Groups should reserve them in advance through Kelli Miller to ensure they’re available when needed.) They include:
- Dysart Chapel, next to the Lodge
- Vista Garden outdoor worship area
- Lakeside Worship Pavilion
- Ervin Sanctuary Gardens, including The Swing Garden, Hope Terrace Garden, and Memory Garden