- This event has passed.
Campus Ministers Retreat
May 29 @ 4:00 pm - May 31 @ 11:00 am
Arise: A Sabbath Retreat for Campus Ministers
CLICK HERE to register at Eventbrite by April 15.
May 29-31 (Wed pm – Fri am)
Hinton Rural Life Center, Hayesville NC
Purpose: To offer a spiritual formation opportunity for UM campus ministers and chaplains in the SEJ that’s focused on personal spiritual renewal and the nurturing of relationships and community with one another.
* Provide a time of Sabbath rest, renewal, and meaningful worship for UM campus ministers and chaplains to support them in their spiritual life and in their ministries.
* Facilitate learning and spiritual practices related to Sabbath and Celtic Spirituality that will revitalize and nurture their own soul-tending.
* Encourage community, cooperation, and co-missioning among participants.
* Meals and table fellowship
* Personal devotional time
* Big chunk of personal Sabbath or “free” time
Wed May 29
4-6pm Arrive and settle in
6:00pm Dinner and table fellowship
7:15pm Welcome and Worship
9:00pm Coffeehouse Concert
Thurs May 30
8:30am Breakfast and Table Fellowship
11 Devotional Time
12pm SABBATH (“free”) time begins; lunch on your own
This is time to do whatever your body and soul need to refresh and recharge. Options: reading, outdoor Labyrinth, fishing, napping, canoeing, walking trails, disk golf; off-site options include rafting or tubing, horseback riding, trail hikes, arts/crafts, gardening, and more
5pm Small group prayer time
6pm Dinner and table fellowship
7:15pm Worship and Communion
Fri May 31
8:30am Breakfast and Table fellowship
9:30am Worship and Devotion
11am Blessing and Sending Forth
Retreat Leader – Rev. Karen Kluever, ordained UM deacon and Minister of Church Relations at Hinton
Worship Leader — Tom Conlon – musician, songwriter, recording artist, worship leader www.tomconlonmusic.com
Communion Celebrant – Rev. Blair Tolbert, Chaplain at Young Harris College, Young Harris, GA
* Free time options, like tubing, are add-ons
* Scholarships available, based on financial need
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
CLICK HERE and register at Eventbrite.
Balance due April 15.
Questions? Contact Karen Kluever at 828-389-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org