Seeking to impact lives
Summer Service Ministry Leaders
Mission Outreach of Hinton Rural Life Center seeks to impact the lives of individuals, small groups, congregations, and local residents through home building repair ministry. Hinton Center engages in this ministry in ways that encourage, teach, and transform as we are in ministry with our neighbors. Through summer ministry, Hinton Center equips college-age young adults to live out their faith, to build formative relationships, and to serve, leading groups in home repairs and facilitating program ministry both on and off the worksite. Applications are available on the Hinton website (www.hintoncenter.org). Hinton Center is a drug free workplace.
Summer Missions Service Ministry Leader: Seeking young adult leaders for summer ministry, who are passionate about living out their Christian faith, building relationships with others, mentoring youth, and leading teams on home repair worksites.
- Must be over the age of 18 (college students with a minimum of one year completed or one year outside of high school)
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid certifications
- Excellent communication skills and leadership ability
- Creative, compassionate and enthusiastic as a problem-solver and decision-maker
- The desire to serve God, our neighbors (homeowners), and the summer missions volunteers (youth and adults)
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Be available to work throughout the summer and stay on-site at Hinton Center, including a week-long training
- Basic construction knowledge is preferred
- Manage and participate in worksite coordination and be involved in all group activities
- Visit and foster relationships with individuals or families in their homes prior to beginning work on the sites, during a work week, and after work is complete
- Lead and encourage ministry partners and provide a nurturing, supportive, Christian environment
- Teach and live out our ministry goals: engaging in mission, understanding poverty, caring for creation, loving neighbors, connecting to God, and appreciating Appalachian culture
- Learn different construction and site management skills
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Daily give attention to loading/unloading and use of tools and take tools out of service that are malfunctioning and/or present a safety issue in any way
- Regularly instruct ministry partners and employees on safe operating procedures and provides appropriate personal protective equipment for
- Participate in and/or lead staff devotionals, morning devotionals, lunchtime devotionals, and/or evening worship
- Abide by all standards outlined in the staff manual and covenant set by the summer ministry staff
- Share equally with staff in the creative process of planning, leading, and setting up activities such as worship services, devotions, evening programming, and other activities
- Complete daily and weekly paperwork in a timely manner
- Lead work teams daily in order to empower them, identify needs, promote enthusiasm, pull together for “teachable moments,” and avoid gender stereotypes
- Share in communication and tool shed/materials operation
- Send completed application and cover letter to Nick Oliver, Hinton Center, PO Box 27, Hayesville, NC 28904 or email@example.com by February 28, 2018.
- Conduct an initial interview with Hinton Center’s Service Ministry Leader hiring team. We will set up face-to-face or Skype interviews, as necessary. Interviews will be completed in February 2018.
- Service Ministry Leaders will be notified of being hired by mid-March