Seeking to Impact Lives
Summer Service Ministry Leaders
Summer Missions Service Ministry Leader: Seeking young adult leaders for summer ministry who are passionate about living out their Christian faith, building relationships with others, mentoring youth, and leading teams on home repair work sites.
Through its summer Missions Outreach ministry, Hinton Rural Life Center equips college-age young adults to live out their faith, to build formative relationships, and to serve, as they lead groups in home repairs, firewood and garden ministry, and facilitate program ministry both on and off the work site. Hinton seeks to impact the lives of individuals, small groups, congregations, and local residents through its safe and health home repair ministry, engaging in ways that encourage, teach, and transform as we are in ministry with our neighbors.
The application is linked below. Hinton Center is a drug free workplace.
- Must be over the age of 18 (college students with a minimum of one year completed or one year outside of high school)
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid certifications
- Excellent communication skills and leadership ability
- Creative, compassionate and enthusiastic as a problem solver and decision maker
- The desire to serve God, our neighbors (homeowners), and the summer missions volunteers (youth and adults)
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Be available to work throughout the summer and stay on site at Hinton Center, including a week-long training
- Basic home repair knowledge is preferred
- Manage and participate in work site coordination and be involved in all group activities
- Visit and foster positive relationships with individuals or families in their homes prior to beginning work on the sites, during a work week, and after work is complete
- Lead and encourage ministry partners and provide a nurturing, supportive, Christian environment
- Teach and live out our ministry goals: engaging in mission, understanding poverty, caring for creation, loving neighbors, connecting to God, and appreciating Appalachian culture
- Learn different construction and site management skills
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Daily give attention to loading/unloading and use of tools, taking tools out of service that are malfunctioning and/or present a safety issue in any way
- Regularly instruct ministry partners and employees on safe operating procedures and provide appropriate personal protective equipment for use, notifying supervisor immediately of unsafe working conditions
- Participate in and/or lead lunchtime devotionals and/or evening worship
- Abide by all standards outlined in the staff manual and covenant set by the summer ministry staff
- Share equally with staff in the creative process of planning, leading, and setting up activities such as worship services, devotions, evening programming, and other activities
- Complete daily and weekly paperwork in a timely manner
- Lead work teams daily in order to empower them, identify needs, promote enthusiasm, pull together for “teachable moments,” and avoid gender stereotypes
- Share in communication and tool shed/materials operation
- Send completed application and cover letter to Dawn Livingston, Hinton Center, PO Box 27, Hayesville, NC 28904 or email@example.com by February 15, 2019.
- Conduct an initial interview with Hinton Center’s Service Ministry Leader hiring team. We will set up face-to-face or Skype interviews, as necessary. Interviews will be completed in February/early March 2019.
- Service Ministry Leaders will be notified of being hired by mid-March 2019.