Support Christmas Care of Clay County in 2019
You are invited to partner with us as we help area children with needed clothing such as jackets and sweaters, pants and shirts, and shoes and socks. Thanks to your generosity, 332 children from 125 families received clothes last Christmas. Our team is hoping that you will once again share in this cooperative, community effort.
We would probably all agree that Christmas can be a stressful time of year. It can be a particularly difficult time for many of our neighbors, and Christmas Care helps make a difference by fostering hope. As you know these children didn’t choose their circumstances, yet their need exists.
We also know the importance of treating our neighbors with dignity. We are excited that for the fourth year, we are offering the parents/guardians an opportunity to shop for clothing gifts for their children. Please know that we work diligently with Walmart to have a system in place with specific timeslots for shopping and a special checkout procedure. Nearly half of our families chose to shop at Walmart the past three years and what a fun time we had! We feel this allowed Christmas Care to be good stewards of the generosity of folks like you, while making it a hands-on experience for our neighbors.
While we are thrilled with continuing this possibility, we know that transportation and time can be stumbling blocks for some of our families, so we are still offering the option of providing the clothing gifts for children. The family will indicate whether they want to shop or if they want to come and pick up gifts. They will also indicate if they would like the gifts to be wrapped or unwrapped.
So, how can you help? By sponsoring a child or children and committing to shopping and providing the clothing items, or by giving a monetary donation to be used for our shopping days or so that team members can purchase necessary clothing items (please see reverse for important updates).
We hope you will respond as soon as possible with a monetary donation or with a commitment to sponsorship. Please call or email Dawn Livingston at email@example.com or (828) 389-8336. You may mail monetary gifts to Hinton Rural Life Center, Attn: Christmas Care, PO Box 27, Hayesville, NC 28904. Please note that because of IRS regulations and bank requirements, checks will need to be made payable to “Hinton Center Christmas Care” or “Hinton Center” with Christmas Care in the memo. We will not be able to deposit checks payable to “Christmas Care (of Clay County).” All donations designated for Christmas Care will continue to be used for that purpose; this is simply a regulation we need to follow. Your donations are tax deductible.
Another great opportunity is that we’re again offering a free breakfast for all Christmas Care recipients. Would you be willing to volunteer to help serve and meet some of our neighbors? The breakfast will be on Monday, December 16 from 8:00 – 10:00 am at Hinton Center. If you would like to come help please call or email Dawn.
We thank you in advance for your partnership and commitment and look forward to serving alongside you as we reach out to the children in our community.
Christmas Care of Clay County
~ Support Christmas Care in 2019 ~
- Give a tax deductible monetary donation directly to Christmas Care. Please make checks payable to Hinton Center Christmas Care or Hinton Center and note Christmas Care in the memo. Mail to:
Hinton Rural Life Center
Attn: Christmas Care
PO Box 27
Hayesville, NC 28904
- Sponsor and shop for a child or children.
- $75.00 maximum per child (If siblings are sponsored by two different people, this will help to keep the gifts as equitable as possible.)
- Gifts of clothing should be the primary gifts. If you choose to include a toy or an additional item for a child, please limit it to one toy or item.
- If you are interested in providing a family with food, please ask ahead of time. Some families may not be in need of food.
- Remember, the family information will specify whether the family wants items wrapped.
- Please complete all shopping by early December and return gifts to Hinton Rural Life Center (2330 Hinton Center Road, Hayesville). Gifts may be dropped off on Monday, December 2 thru Wednesday, December 4 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, and Thursday, December 5 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. **If you need to make other arrangements, please call Dawn.
- Come volunteer at the breakfast on Monday, December 16 from 8:00 – 10:00 am at the Hinton Center. If you would like to come help please call or email Dawn.
Call or email Dawn Livingston at Hinton Rural Life Center with questions. (828-389-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org)